Steeped in history
The Jewish Youth Fund was established in 1937 to commemorate the Coronation of King George VI with the object of strengthening Anglo-Jewish youth work. It achieves this by making grants to Jewish youth organisations throughout Great Britain towards the cost of projects and equipment that will enhance the Jewish youth service and provide constructive leisure time activity for Jewish young people.
Until the early 1960’s the resources of the Jewish Youth Fund were primarily used to purchase or build premises for Jewish youth work at the request of individual organisations. Low interest loans were made to the clubs, youth movements and organisations in return for the premises’ freeholds.
As the Jewish community changed and moved to new areas, most of the original premises were sold and those sales proceeds now form the basis of the Jewish Youth Fund capital funds. Skeet Hill House is the sole remaining property.
The Jewish Youth Fund is the only national independent fund to which all Jewish youth organisations can apply for support.